Monday, December 7, 2015

December Enrichment Review

Hello Sisters!  For this month's enrichment we did a service project with the Greater Rochester’s Section of the National Council of Jewish Women to provide feminine hygiene products to those who cannot afford them.  I don't know about you, but I really hadn't thought about this being a problem because I have never had the struggle to afford them.  Did you know that these items are not covered by the SNAP or WIC programs?  Did you know that we pay sales tax on these items that are necessary?  I didn't, as naive as that sounds. 

The activity was SOOOO fun, I'm not even kidding.  We were working and laughing and talking and bonding.  And even though the event is over, the need is still real.  There is currently a bill NY A7555 currently awaiting it's turn on the Senate floor.  We can make a difference simply by letting our representatives know that we support this bill.  Here is a link to do that, it is super easy and takes just a few minutes. CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT BILL

Afterwards, we had a nice dinner and loads of yummy cookies.  Chatting and bonding with our sisters is never boring or dull.  I have enjoyed every activity I have attended.  Our enrichment sisters put much time and thought into these activities and they don't disappoint.  I personally wish to thank them for all that they do. :) And we even made the local newspaper! Democrat and Chronicle article click here




No comments:

Post a Comment